Original Post URL: https://cchlv.com/national-healthy-skin-month/
November is National Healthy Skin Month.
November is a time to learn about the functions of the skin, and how to keep it healthy and looking young. It is also dedicated to keeping people well informed about serious skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, and skin cancer. Skin care tips for men is the theme of the campaign this year. Men’s skin is thicker than women’s. Though there are differences, the basic skin care routine is quite similar. The skin is the body’s largest organ. Learn how to take care of it:
• Wear Sunscreen: Sunscreen protects our skin from the sun. It needs to be applied year-round, not just during the summer months. While the sun’s rays are more powerful in summer, they can still be damaging even in the cloudy, cool conditions of winter. A heavy sunscreen may not be necessary, so apply a moisturizer with SPF. Reapply every 2 hours.
• Healthy Diet: Our diet has an effect on our skin’s health. Eating a diet that’s rich in Omega 3s, whole grains, and B Vitamins is key to maintaining skin’s youthful glow. Be sure to incorporate plenty of fruits, vegetables and lean proteins in your diet. Since skin is made of protein, the more we consume, the better.
• Healthy Lifestyle: But let’s go one farther, a healthy lifestyle can influence the health of your skin as well. Smoking increases aging of the skin, and it also decreases blood flow to the skin. Our skin may not get the oxygen or nutrients it needs.
• Lips: Your lips are a part of your skin. Your lips need as much protection as the rest of your skin. They get a lot of exposure to the sun. Carry lip balm with SPF with.
• Take Care: Before moisturizing, wash your skin with warm water. Do not take a shower or bath for longer than 15 minutes. Your skin has natural oils. Use mild soaps. Avoid soaps with perfumes or dyes. Be gentle cleaning the skin around the eyes.
• Moisturize: Your skin needs to stay hydrated to stay healthy. Apply moisturizer to your whole body every morning and at night before going to bed. Moisturize your hands all day.
Categories: Health News, Medical Information, Men’s Health, National Hospice & Palliative Care Month, News
Tags: CCHLV, CompassionCare Hospice, Eczema, Healthy Skin, Henderson, Las Vegas, National Hospice & Palliative Care Month, Nevada, North Las Vegas, Psoriasis, Skin Cancer, Skin Care Tips For Men, Southern Nevada, Spring Valley, Summerlin, The Lakes